Monday, November 28, 2005

Things to Come

When I went to bed last night, I had a piece of paper in my hand aiming to write some thoughts in my head, flashed, as only those unformed midnight thoughts.
It was all made up of unexpected burning words; don’t know why I thought about doing this? I don’t feel want to write, I used to type it on my PC, as if my pen has corroded.

I knew even in my half-sleep it was nonsense, meaningless, but that forcing and hammering would clear its shape.
But then when I started writing, not a word of it remains, not even a hint of its direction
Beginning to feel sleepier, I surrendered & turned off the lights, that was shortly after midnight.
I usually have dreamless sleep I wished if I would dream of anything that night.
just as soon as I closed my eyes; thoughts popped up in my head, I knew if I tried to catch them again it will be in vain.
And when I wake up in the morning I will forget all about it.
I usually have that easy sleep, but something was preventing me that day from sleep.
light was coming through my window; I left it half open to see the moon rays falling on the curtain, it made wonderful shapes with that pale grey & silver stripes.
It is very cold, the forlorn wind scarcely breathes, I loved to close my eyes a moment and think of the land outside. a long walk; short pier … the sound of ocean, the rain drops, smelling the night breath full with grass scent … how relaxing and quiet it was.
Now I’m not remembering anything about those thoughts, just great well to go on in such way till I sleep … I only felt the morning light scorching my face I woke up it was around 6 am, closed my window to sleep for another more 2 hours preparing to wake up to go for work.I couldn’t write anything of that which was in my head that night, but it was all fine with me, although I didn’t dream!

13 comments:

Wonderer said...

Sometimes I experience the same thing. I put a paper and a pen beside my bed to grap the ideas before they fly. However, I never was able to write,I feel sleepy and tired for writing. The minute I close my eye, all kinds of ideas pope up to my head, and vanish by the morning ... MOSHKILA!

I thought of putting a small recorder beside my bed, afterall recording is easier than writting. But, I changed my mind, cause if my husband catch me doing this he will say I am going nuts:)

tota said...

One can't sleepwrite on the ceiling wiht one's Finger :)
what a pity!

LouLou said...

tota,

Good post. Can't say I experienced anything like that because am an obssessive person. Thoughts never fly away from me. Bil3aks they take hold of me & I have to work very hard to get rid of them. Sometimes when there are a lot of different thoughts I feel them swirling around & around like a hurricane inside my head until I think my head is going to explode. Can't forget any of them but at the same time can't concentrate on one of them long enough to make sense of it. And then it's sleep that flies away from me.:(

I talk in my sleep too so I guess they don't leave me even then.

Rain said...

Well Tota, I'm not a very good writer...I don't know how to express myself in long text..that's why I don't try writing on paper ..coz when I do that I write very abstract thoughts.

But generally I prefer typing to writing.

Charisma said...

Tota,

Wow, have you ever considered writing as profession?
i would recommend you to do so if you dont already :)
Its just amazing reading your posts, its like looking at a peice of art admiring its beauty or listening to good music that makes you feel like dancing, it makes us really live it as if we're you.

When i sleep ba'a, it usually takes me a couple of hours to actually sleep, i dont keep any papers or pens, but i think of so many things that disables me from going to sleep right away, im not poetic and would never be able to put words so elquontley like you.
Mystic Tota, god bless you :)

Just Jane said...

Tota,
As I read this I was thinking along the same lines as Charismatic...your words and how you put them together are very enticing. Do you write professionally? A poet perhaps? If not you ought to consider it. I think you'd be quite well-received.

Me said...

Most of the time I sleep "like a log"... el7amdulilah...I thank God for that...no dreams.. no nothing... well.. I know I must've dreamt but I don't remember dreams most of the time...
Nice post...

Wonderer: My mum puts a paper next to her bed... she always gets the brightest ideas as soon as she rests her head on the pillow!!! Baba has gotten used to it by now :-D

tota said...

Sometimes I rarely experience this LouLou; when I’m in a trouble or very angry of something that cant get out of my mind & the sleep which flies away
And in the examination period as well, that I feel my mind never stop thinking, solving problems & drawing diagrams in the air LOL
But that it was just, Random thoughts not related with anything in specific

tota said...

Thank you Chari & Jane

I do really appreciate it, & I’m impressed that you like these posts,
Did you see Rain, not everything we write the others see it the way we do!

Actually, I didn’t think about writing as a professional & I never tried writing in a regular basis except after making that blog
Maybe coz I never write except if something inspired me and I deeply felt it inside me, so my posts comes directly from my heart & alhamdullah it reaches urs

tota said...

Me said it !
then Wonderer you can find a way out for this problem as soon as “D” get used for this attitude whatever it was a recorder or a piece of paper under your billow … it’s a matter of time ;)

doshar said...

yeah i get that alot too, and i get tired or too lazy to write the stuff down too. it would be cool if they can invent something that we can attach to our head, that puts our thoughts out in paper, without us having to utter a single word, afer all, the mind works tons faster than our lips or hands. wouldn't that be absolutely great!!!!

god i sound so lazy!

tota said...

Is not there a device like this already … they use it to record your dreams or the pattern or your dreams, & it’s recorded as signals … I just wish they offer it for sale in market for everyone lol

No .. you don’t seem lazy .. don’t worry :)

Rain said...

not everything we write the others see it the way we do!


Tota, that's so true!!

I feel that you and me have this habit of writing vaguely or mystically ;)