Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Conversation With the manager

Once I was talking about my intention to quit my Job, and I was going to talk with my manager about it.
I was thinking in which way I could tell it to her, so I’m just leaving, no further reason!, we are having that kind of relation which i can call it intimate, and that was the hardest part about it, “I forgot to say that the Manager is having a share in that company around 0.25 % ”every time I was arranging to talk about it, a certain situation happens and I delay it for the next day
The last funny situation, while I was already going to tell her about that subject, her mobile range, then it was her husband.
During the conversation she told him yea I’m with her, then she told me that he is sending me his greeting, “ bysabba7 3laya ” then she asked me while he is with her on phone, T is asking how is your master, did you start your researches about the point? !!!
I smiled and told her, kinda.
anyway i said as long as I decided then I have to tell her so I told her that I’m afraid that maybe after a period of time I become fully occupied with my master, and in a certain way that it becomes an omission to my work and that is something I don’t like it to happen, beside I would like to give you the opportunity to have other varieties, to work instead of me as in a certain way I wont be dedicated to my work as before!
Then she replied
You mean you want to leave the work completely
I said
Yes, starting from the next month.
She told me
No, I cant accept that, u can find any other way than completely leaving your work, I cant dispense with you
I just kept silent!
Then she said how many days would you like to work, we usually work 6 days a week which is pretty much, only Friday as a day off!
Then she digressed would it be enough to work for 4 days only & take 2 days with Friday off!
Or you prefer to take 3 days??
I just couldn’t believe it, that situation??, what shall I say, no I still want to leave it?
I found it will be somehow fine to have 3 days off & four days work? Doesn’t it?
Yea a whole week off is something I was sure it will bother me later.
So I told her ok, fine with two days
She asked, when would you like to start, now if you like?
I told her let it be starting from December it will be fine!
And so it is?Just going to try it for one month? Who knows?!!

7 comments:

Me said...

Your boss sounds sweet !!! And it seems you really are good at your job she doesn't want to lose you ;-)

Try out what she said...and see how it goes...if it still isn't get you to what you want.. you can see what to do about it then...after all she knows you wanted to quit...
But I think it sounds good... you get to have some time for your research... stick to your job... and have an income ;-)

Rabena yewafa2ek :)

Me said...

"if it still isn't get you to what you want"

I meant

"if it still
"doesn't"
get you to what you want"

Typo :-D

tota said...

after all she knows you wanted to quit...

that was the most important part, which i felt well after telling it

about Mistakes never mind at all ME ... they are welcomed, i do many of them, specially when i feel dizzy ... while posting comments, i notice that i wrote things not related to each others, but al hamdulellah, bloggers manage to read and understand as well :)
once i wrote "he do" lol ,,, 3adi
but you as an English Instructor may not pass it that eazy mish keda ;)

Alina said...

Wow, it sounds amazing! And if it still is too much, you can go for the 3 days off offer before deciding to go! I think I would have made the exact same choice.

LouLou said...

Tota,

Can I come and work for your boss?Does she have any vacancies?My boss never gives anyone leave without cutting it in half. If you ask for 2 weeks you only get one. If you need a day off he tries to convince you that you can come in late & work half a day!

The only reason I managed to get one month off continous this year is because he knows am getting married. Even then he tried to convince me 2 weeks is enough & it took him one whole month to sign my leave.

And when I need training he always makes it after work hours so I still have to come in to work in the daytime. Even though he's the one who sends me for training & it's for work reasons.

Anyway good luck. I think it sounds like a great offer. Having more free time but still keeping your job. Allah yifawqik.

MoonLightShadow said...

Yeah, I guess that offer is a good one. At least you will be having a change of mood between work and your research.

Wish you best of luck :)

tota said...

Lolou, you are welcome We can swap places ;)
for you Kayla Thumb Up
wish for you all the best of luck in your jobs