Saturday, September 17, 2005

The Self

If writing can service our dreams then it’s doing something beautiful
How do I know what I think until I see what I ‘ve said?
At first, you have to let the self through. The self begs to be let in and to be included. I want to rise up beyond myself, up to the place from which I can command this house of fiction, exert my mastery to put it in order set it all in motion. But the self, sensing that I am about to be both drawn on and shelved, immediately becomes demanding.


shelving the self - Sue Roe

3 comments:

tota said...

None understood that post ? or u couldnt find what i saw interresting in that pragraph ?

ikhnaton2 said...

I find this post hard to understand mainly coz ur thoughts are jumbing from point to other far point.

However, as a general comment about the central point of writing. I beleive that writing is a process, not an event. Personal writing, for particular, is a great way to get know yourself.

Write to Discover...

tota said...

I cant get what you mean by ur said "writing is a process, not an event"
however i believe that i discover myself more when i write, actually sometimes i got amazed when i look to the paper & see what i wrote ,, i say was that all inside, me i wasn't feeling it that same way i put it on paper
althought i believe that ..It Seems less Important when its written down .. and The Trouble With Words is That they Can Run away With you !
That they dont always Say What They Mean
But it still has its own charm when u well use all ur tools

But ,,, That Post i didnt write it .. Sue who Did :), i just read it in a book & liked that part ,,
this book is about four women's wrtting, it offers insights into the processes, which for women, inscribe the making of a work art, & glimpses, from different angles, into the evolution of a work of fiction
I may wirte about it a review in here soon :)