Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Something Stupid

I know I stand in line
Until you think you have the time
To spend an evening with me
And if we go someplace to dance
I know that there's a chance
You won't be leaving with me
Then afterwards we drop into a quiet little place
And have a drink or two
And then I go and spoil it all
By saying something stupid
Like I love you
I can see it in your eyes
That you despise the same old lines
You heard the night before
And though it's just a line to you
For me it's true
And never seemed so right before
I practice every day to find some clever lines to say
To make the meaning come true

But then I think I'll wait until the evening
gets late
And I'm alone with you
The time is right
Your perfume fills my head
The stars get red
And oh the night's so blue
And then I go and spoil it all
By saying something stupid
Like I love youI love you...

There is a moment about this song that makes it worth while, but it only once!
when you suddenly realize that someone 've really screwed something up and there's absolutely nothing that person can do about it. No amount of regret or sorry will change the fact that it was entirely a fault.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My second impression after reading your latest log is: puzzled mind?? You're improving anyhow because in my first impression I wrote "puzzled brain??". Let me guess: your normal day (the "working phase" of it I mean) it's so frustrating that you feel confortable where you meet yourself wandering between vague thoughts and "going nowhere" theories. If it is that, I'm with you. Otherwise, allow me a third impression. Case this is your choice (there's a true choice here) I'll be back.

Wonderer said...

I couldn't understand your comment about the song. How can "I love u" be a "fault"?

Anyway, that is "tota's blog". One doesn't have to understand what she's writtting, cause it is mere "Mystic Contemplation":)

Unknown said...

I don't know the song but i loved it's words and yes I agree that sometimes saying "I love you" is a fault. I know that over loving and caring can be a fault but one can't help it.

Lasto-adri *Blue* said...

i Love this song tota.. i love the old version even more than the new

tota said...

Welcome back AFerreira
u r trying to analyze my mood or character here!, Well I cant understand what do u exactly want to u say ,,,, except that puzzled brain is a very literal expression!

Wonderer
I believe everything has a beautiful & ugly face, even love;
Love can be a fault, when it’s said in an awkward moment in such a frustrating way, or when it’s followed by undesired sequences like refusing or ignoring the commitments which we found ourselves obliged for it coz of this word, many things ….

Welcome Louuu to my blog, for a moment I mixed btn your Nick name & a name of a very dear blogger here

Blue I like them both, and in the new one, Nicole Kidman has a nice voice with Robbie Williams in this duet!