Monday, May 23, 2005

The Conversation Club


If u asked me what rage your temper tota I’ll say hahaa nothing , well but it could be a person cant get what I’m saying ,, cant keep up with my conversation ,always want to make everyone mistaken and absolve his point of view with strange excuses , someone cant be persuaded of what I’m saying , depending that I’m the person who is to the right side & he is the one to the wrong .

But who decide what is right and what is wrong , Me or perhaps u ,, our traditions , rules , believes and society , can u say that this is the absolute right and this is the absolute wrong , can u give a 100% about your opinion and prove that it’s the absolute right ever ?!!
Imagine you are talking with that person who is agreeing with everything you say

You are so right ….
I agree with everything you say ….
Absolutely right …..

It’s nice as it may sound … but now what ? there isn’t much of discussion not much of a conversation and not much of an exchange of view !!

For the other extreme

Yes ,but …
I totally disagree ….
All what you said was completely wrong …..
You are wrong there ….

This person who makes a point of disagreeing with everything that is said . this highly argumentative person seeks to demonstrate superiority through disagreement !!.
What’s up ? a discussion should be a genuine attempt to explore a subject rather than a battle between competing egos .

I’ve red in a book the term “Logic bubble” and I liked it , I will explain it.
When someone does something you don’t like or with which you don’t agree , it’s easy to label that person as stupid , ignorant or malevolent .
BUT that person maybe acting ‘logically’ within his or her ‘logic bubble’ that bubble is made up of the perceptions , values , needs and experience of that person .
But didn’t you think before calling that person as stupid to make a real effort to see inside that bubble to see where that person is ‘coming from’ , you usually see the logic of that person’s position .
So I agree with the said : “ the more you know , the less you need”

No comments: