Friday, March 03, 2006

Tota

Lately I became interested to know what is the meaning of the name Tota in other languages, specifically because a blogger once told me that in their language, Tota stands for "parrot", which I didn't find that interesting.
Today I looked up the word “
Tota” in the Wikipedia, and here is what I got:

Tota, Bishop of Selsey, was present at a council attended by papal legates in 786.
So, that’s it? looks like the name of an ancient bishop not feminine, anyway I’m sure that it has other meanings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

in egyptian arabic it would be berry tree

and there is the whole tota tota khelset el hadouta thing that we say at the end of story telling, no idea where that comes from though.

Bart Treuren said...

i have no idea, but i have the idea that "tota" means something like "completeness" with connotations of endlessness and hidden corners in which to discover something new and worthwhile...

tota said...

Alaa
welcome here
lol, cool i dunno either from where that "tota tota khelset el hadouta " came from, but sure it has a story.

Bart
according to which language or belief is that meaning?

Me said...

How come "Mysterious" wasn't one of the meanings? ;-D

tota said...

Don’t worry “Me”, I will ask the Wikipedia personally to put it as one of tota’s meanings! :)