Friday, June 23, 2006

Vision in Black and White

Sometimes when I keep on looking, farther and farther still … I wonder; how big would big get? How big will big be … imagining the vastness of empty space …
Intrigued by things that seems so near … yet always out of reach. stuck in my tiny corner of universe, while being aware of all the spaciousness beyond, that can be explored!

Mixed and contradicted feelings …
Why we usually say we will get used for that … why we want to get used for something, adapt to a new condition, situation no matter if that new thing is something pleasant or not, following that similar ordinary old steps to solve that new unordinary thing, want our life back to the way it was before we found out that new change. But nothing ever stays the same. our ability to make patterns is at the heart of our civilization and when certain patterns in our life become ingrained we consequently become resistant to change,
It’s the fear of change that makes us build a barrier between ourselves and that new thing. It’s our choice about hiding, or about going right to what fears us.

Sometimes I feel that I want to sense that change everyday the same way I felt it the first time, I don’t want to get used for it or adapt it … every time i feel it, I want it to surprise me, hit me so deep … that I still can feel the richness of feelings and emotions, but it’s me who usually unconsciously adapt so fast to new situations, specially the unpleasant ones, and the first feeling always fades away.

It comes from our constantly and endlessly seeking to establish new networks to process and store knowledge. to make sense of what we experience, continually searching for new data for new experience and give it the time to make sense of them

it’s true that we learn by making connections to enable meaning and learning to flow.
And our brain is so good at making connections that it will often try to full in the gaps even when it’s missing information, establishing the similar connections with each other over time.

Life is about asking questions, not waiting answers, even if we could not find the answer to our questions, that shouldn’t stop us from keeping to ask questions …

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Blessed who have no worries, doubts or fears. Sometimes it is a blessing to live inside the cocoon to never experience those tiny little events that change the course of one's life.

Alina said...

Human beings derive diminishing satisfaction or insatisfaction from good/bad things happening to them repetedly. Thus the impression they can adapt to anything. Something that hurt you deeply once will hurt you less the next time and even less the next. An ultimate pleasure can only be felt once, as the next similar experience will yield a decreased amount of happiness.

Same goes for asking questions: those who do not get scared by the next unfound answer, keep asking them. But both the need to ask them and the pain of not finding answers will decrease. At such a point, asking questions about everything might simply turn into a habit.

Wonderer said...

I second Essam, I think it is a bless to live with no doubts or worries.
I am passing through a phase of too many questions these days, and it is driving me crazy.
I prefer a calm constant life to an active life that is full of anxiety.

Wonderer said...

where are you tota?? I hope all is fine.

Bart Treuren said...

thank you for this beautiful post, which managed to condense much of the worry in my life into a few brief sentences...

you are right in saying that life also means change for nothing remains the same, there are no certainties but only vague frameworks in which we participate in the social arena

the world is a strange place, we humans are even stranger in our manners and means, trying to find sense or nonsense in the world around us...

keep well, and thank you... sincerely...

Alina said...

Tota, hope you are ok! Long time no see, hope this will change soon!

tota said...

Thank u so much for ur concern, I'm fine al hamdlellah, everything is stable with me now. Thanx again.

Wonderer, I'm sorry to not be able to reply ur mail in proper time, thanx for ur invitation.